Sunday, January 4, 2009

Still Alive

Huge success... Eh, not really, but the song is still catchy. I'm not dead yet, nor have I entered the ranks of the undead. I will be returning from Winter Break tomorrow, and from there back into the world of debate and coding. Not much has happened on the Python front, as I am still stuck with learning Java for now, but I am going to try returning to it soon. Oh, yeah. I almost forgot. I wrote a "Fortunes" script in Python over break. It can stand alone, but I combine it with Samurize to display the current quote selection on screen. For your convenience: the script. The zip file contains the script, as well as a custom Fortunes file that I've been building over time. If I could figure out how to have a special format for code, I'd display it so that I could dissect it and show how it works. Here is the Samurize script as well. It has a todo list, an attractive date and time display, as well as the Fortunes display. You'll have to edit it some to point to the proper files, but besides that it should be pretty self-sufficient.

On the forensics front, not much is brewing. I've learned about IPDA debate, which is new to the Oregon college circuit, and I've been to my first tournament. IPDA is pretty much Lincoln-Douglass debate with public-style topics. Anyways, for ye few readers, keep on reading. I should be posting much more often here soon.

No comments: